Mittwoch, 2. Juli 2008

RIP, pictures... rip, rip, rip.

I cried. Not because I had to delete the pictures, but because I had made Rafi mad. I had considered by myself which pictures were too revealing. And if you've been reading, you see that I didn't visually reveal the last scene to you. But I had to delete the one's about the nightmare sequence, and the one's about Paola's transformation to blue hair. I guess you've already seen them, but they can't be out on the net for everybody to see, and that's understandable. I just felt so bad that I messed up. I hope no damage was done. If you copied pictures, please don't repost them on the net.

I mean, I had already revealed that he is hallucinating, and that's truly the biggest reveal... but twists like this are so common that they're not really twists any more. But that's not the point of the movie. If you think that's the point, then you've missed it. The point of the movie is the characters, the setting, the darkness, the hope...

The ending is not the most important part of the movie like i previously thought. It may still do that for the majority of people, but I have learned to appreciate movies for their lighting, for their angles, for their acting, for their setting, for all the subtleties that exist in the huge production that is a movie. It's haunting how much I have learned from this experience.

For example, I was watching Tyra today on her talk show, and the lighting was too bright and flattened the screen. They needed to put some diffusers up or something. Her complexion was glared and awful! I was also watching a video of a pianist, and the angle was so boring that I had to close my eyes and just listen to the music, because the boring angle really frustrated me. But at the same time I notice good lighting and I notice good angles. I notice good acting, and I notice good depth.

It's funny how when you learn more about a certain field it will haunt you like this. The last thing that haunted me like this was behavioral psychology. Input, output. Punishment, reward. People can be so predictable, but simultaneously our environment is so complex that it creates the illusion of free will! That idea had consumed me last semester. Perhaps now I shall be consumed with lighting, composition, costume, and emotion. That seems happier... and by happier i mean it offers more reinforcements... and the psychological and emotional costs to get them are fewer... and there are practically no punishments!

Keine Kommentare: