Donnerstag, 5. Juni 2008

Wow, ok... I didn't expect that.

Today was the first day of shooting. I got to the video store and did some final mise-en-scene set ups. It's a tradition to begin filming with a quick little motivational speech followed by the producer (my aunt sonia) pouring the rum on the ground, and then everybody on the cast and crew taking swigs if they wanted.

Rafi, the director, did some sort of native dance with little wooden noise makers. He was filling the place with good vibes. And Then another lady in the production team carried around incense and cleared away the

remaining bad vibes.

The grip crew came and set up the lights and extensions and blah blah blah, and then I was told that for the most part my job was to stay out of the way :P I very much obliged and went into the other room where people were hanging out doing nothing, while the important people walked really fast and really determined to their very important destination. The hierarchy revealed itself.

Neverthele
ss I was happy chilling in the break room, as I had wonderful company. The twins were there for... some reason. They did some final doodles and sketches, and they had an entire bag of goodies. I painted with them and my artistic ego was excited a little bit when they complimented me :)





The energy on the set was very high and very positive. The day was long, however, and was 12 hours of work, from 10 to 10. Tomorrow I will be work from 5pm to 4am. sound is a very big problem when not in a controlled studio setting. The video store location of today was right beside a busy street, and people would drive by very excited that we were shooting a movie, and they would honk their horns at us and ruin the shot.

We're filming at this strange hour tomorrow because Paula (the main character)'s apartment is on the 9th floor of a 14 floor office building. The mic would pick up the sounds from above, below, around, and about. On set today it was slightly annoying because I would be whispering to somebody right next to me in the room next door, and we would get yelled at sILENCIO! sILENCIO!!!! POR FAVOR!!!!!!!!

It didn't make
sense at first, but then I went to watch what was being captured on video through the monitors outside the location, and I could see the mic picking up miniscule noise on the sound waves that would move any time there was a click from a camera. But I'm sure they can edit those sounds out in post production! surely we didn't have to be absolutely quiet!!

Oh well...


Anyway, the location for tomorrow look
s really awesome. I went to go take pictures of it because I love it so much.

This is her fridge. the back of it is open for the camera to look through.
It came with the blue and black spray paint. It was very convenient because the color scheme of Paola's apartment is blue.

Her apartment u
sed to be a sew factory, and so it has a few genuinely dusty old sewing machines lying around. This is in her dining room area.

This is her bedroom. The third from the left window is where my cat carving is :) a lower shot and darker outside would probably have made it visible.

This is her living room, i guess. Iwouldn't spend much time here, because there's only one couch and nothing else except mirrors, half unpacked suitcases and a mannequin that is supposed to remind us that we are in an abandoned sewing factory. whatever a sewing factory may be... a sweatshop maybe?


Thi
s is my favorite part.
Her bathroom. The walls were made by the set designer, who painted the entire place, made columns, walls, random rickety racks, and stuff... I really want to live here!
Posted by Picasa

Keine Kommentare: